Dinner time. For what a fast food dinner at McDonalds or Chipotle will cost you, perhaps you should instead look in the freezer aisle at Trader Joe’s for something that is far tastier and perhaps even a bit cheaper. Even cheaper than buying individual meals for three people. Now granted, I haven’t included side dishes on this one, but let’s face it. It’s all about the protein. Trader Joe’s Seasoned Rack of Lamb is tasty and with some planning it makes for an elegant dinner.
Now, this Betty makes it a point to try to do everything as written down the first time. Then you can add your own Betty Twist. In this case not much was needed.
1- Trader Joe’s Frozen Rack of Lamb (if you are feeding more than 2-3 people then you might need more)
2 Tbsp oil
That’s it. An oven proof pan and a hot oven are all you need. Just bought it and you’re hungry? Throw this in some cold water for an hour to defrost and you are ready to go.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Use oven safe pan to heat 2 tbsp of oil.
- Brown on all sides then place lamb in oven.
- If you enjoy medium lamb the magic temperature is 145F
- Rest for 5 minutes. Cut and serve.
- Yes, it was that easy. Very delicious. Highly recommend. Even though the lamb was from New Zealand, it was not gamey at all. Want to see other items from Trader Joes or other recipes? Click here: Food or if you want a beverage to go with it click here: Drinks. Spinach, salad, potatoes would all make great sides to this main course.