Need a quick appetizer or want a really filling snack? This is a great one. If you are at Trader Joe’s the ingredient list is short. If you only want to make one batch, then only use half the ingredient list. You’ll have dates left over.
1-Package of Medjool Dates
2- Packages of Prosciutto
2- Packages of goat cheese (if cheese is too thick, a few drops of milk can be added to make it easier to work with).
Betty Twist: There are certain herbs that you can mix into the goat cheese to make it tastier: thyme, chervil, or tarragon. You could also finely chop almonds and mix it with the cheese if you really need some crunch.
- Remove pit from dates. Set aside
- Allow goat cheese to warm to room temperature (if time is a problem, then add a bit of milk to thin out the cheese)
- Stuff the cheese into the date.
- Cut prosciutto in half the long way
- Wrap date in prosciutto
- Broil for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy. Don’t have the time to make these? Trader Joe’s Bacon Wrapped Dates Stuffed with Goat Cheese are good, just be ready for appetizers that are much smaller.