So, you are sick of the same sauce routine. Lemon Cream Sauce with Capers and Shallots is a sauce recipe that will light up your palate. You might even think about licking the plate.
Here is what you’ll need:
1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
1 shallot finely chopped or 1 tsp dry shallot rehydrated with water
2 tablespoons capers drained of brine
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 heavy cream
salt and pepper to taste
Fresh parsley for sprinkling
- Melt butter in a saucepan on medium heat.
- Add shallot and capers and allow to soften.
- Add lemon juice and reduce by half.
- Add cream and reduce slightly to thicken.
- Taste sauce and adjust with salt and pepper as necessary.
- Sprinkle parsley in sauce or on top of the meal it will be served on.
- Enjoy with pasta or over chicken!
Want to see more original items? Click on Food